Financial Analysis Course
Accurate financial analysis is a fundamental element of strategy, growth, and overall success. Understanding how to use financial indicators and benchmarks allows you to allocate resources and evaluate potential projects for maximum return on investment. Financial analysis takes the guesswork out of the planning process and enables you to build and interpret financial projections.
The Planning Cycle
• Identify components of the planning cycle.
• Describe the role of the financial analyst.
Income Statement and Balance Sheet:
• Identify key accounts and subtotals of the income statement.
• Identify the major sections of the balance sheet and how analysts use them.
• Use common size financial statements.
• Analyze a company’s gross cash flow from operating, investing and financing activities.
• Define a company’s free cash flow.
Measurement of Performance:
• Calculate solvency ratios, liquidity ratios, and profitability ratios.
• Explain how ratios relate to the creation of shareholder value.
• Define how growth rates are used to indicate performance.
Creating Shareholder Value:
• Calculate a company’s weighted average cost of capital and total capital in accordance with CAPM..
• Understand why the WACC is important.
Analyzing Enterprise Investments—The Theory of Interest and the Time Value of Money
• Calculate future value, present value, and compound growth rates.
• Calculate the present and future value of an annuity and annuity payments.
• Calculate and understand internal rate of return.
• Calculate the present value of a perpetuity..
Analyzing Enterprise Investments—Capital Project Evaluation
• Define the steps necessary to perform a capital project evaluation.
• Choose a hurdle rate for a project.
• Apply the major techniques: NPV, IRR, EPVI, and payback.
• Define terminal value.
− Analyze financial statements.
− Apply financial analysis methods and tools to measure performance against internal and external standards and industry benchmarks.
− Make sound decisions based on accurate assessments of business performance and results.
− Ask better questions to gain a clearer understanding of the business and focus attention on areas of greatest impact.
− More effectively manage value in the business.
Starting 20th of February, 2017.
At 153 Mohamed Farid St., Bank Misr Tower.
2,300 L.E. per candidate.
6-9 pm every Monday and Wednesday.