The Planning Cycle
• Identify components of the planning cycle.
• Describe the role of the financial analyst.
Income Statement and Balance Sheet:
• Identify key accounts and subtotals of the income statement.
• Identify the major sections of the balance sheet and how analysts use them.
• Use common size financial statements.
• Analyze a company’s gross cash flow from operating, investing and financing activities.
• Define a company’s free cash flow.
Measurement of Performance:
• Calculate solvency ratios, liquidity ratios, and profitability ratios.
• Explain how ratios relate to the creation of shareholder value.
• Define how growth rates are used to indicate performance.
Creating Shareholder Value:
• Calculate a company’s weighted average cost of capital and total capital in accordance with CAPM..
• Understand why the WACC is important.
Analyzing Enterprise Investments—The Theory of Interest and the Time Value of Money
• Calculate future value, present value, and compound growth rates.
• Calculate the present and future value of an annuity and annuity payments.
• Calculate and understand internal rate of return.
• Calculate the present value of a perpetuity..
Analyzing Enterprise Investments—Capital Project Evaluation
• Define the steps necessary to perform a capital project evaluation.
• Choose a hurdle rate for a project.
• Apply the major techniques: NPV, IRR, EPVI, and payback.
• Define terminal value.
− Analyze financial statements.
− Apply financial analysis methods and tools to measure performance against internal and external standards and industry benchmarks.
− Make sound decisions based on accurate assessments of business performance and results.
− Ask better questions to gain a clearer understanding of the business and focus attention on areas of greatest impact.
− More effectively manage value in the business.
Starting 20th of February, 2017.
At 153 Mohamed Farid St., Bank Misr Tower.
2,300 L.E. per candidate.
6-9 pm every Monday and Wednesday.